Job Summary: Performs tasks involving physical labor at residential or commercial building sites. Constructs, erects, installs, and repairs structures and fixtures of wood, plywood, and wallboard, conforming to local building codes.
- Must have a current driver’s license. Clean driving record a MUST.
- Keeps premises of building and job site in clean and orderly condition.
- Transport’s trash and waste to disposal area
- Sweeps, empties trash cans, and pickups trash, as necessary.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies.
- Dust’s furniture and equipment.
- Washes walls, ceiling, and woodwork. Washes windows, door panels, and sills.
- Install temporary construction fencing.
- Carry lumber and other building supplies.
- Cuts and trims trees, and shovels snow.
- Delivers messages. Transports small equipment or tools between sites or different areas of the job.
- Measures distances from grade stakes, drives stakes, and stretches tight line.
- Bolts, nails, aligns, and blocks up under forms.
- Digging and filling dirt trenches with pickaxe, shovel, and other hand tools.
- Mixes concrete. Smooths and finishes freshly poured cement or concrete.
- Erects scaffolding, shoring, and braces.
- Mops, brushes, or spreads paints or bituminous compounds over surfaces for protection.
- Spray’s materials such as water, sand, steam, vinyl, paint, or stucco through hose to clean, coat, or seal surfaces.
- Applies caulking compounds by hand or with caulking gun to seal crevices.
- Grinds, sands, or polishes surfaces such as concrete, marble, terrazzo, stucco, or wood products.
- Demolishes buildings, saws lumber, dismantles forms, remove projections from concrete, mounts pipe hangers, and cuts and attaches insulating material.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Must be able to work outdoors in variable conditions as to be expected in the mountains.
- Must be able to work on rough terrain and steep slopes.
A valid driver’s license and clean driving history is necessary